Our comprehensive set of SmartSensors monitor the environment within a data center. They are engineered to facilitate easy deployment while providing real-time data and insight into your operation. When mission-critical IT hardware is your responsibility, it’s important to be aware of environmental hazards that may affect or jeopardize the performance and lifespan of IT assets. SmartSensors enable you to instrument your data center's white space with the latest sensor technology.
The Benefits of SmartSensors:
- Easy deployment with scalable sensor technology
- Plug-and-play connection to a Xerus enabled power management device
- Ensure uptime by monitoring racks for potential hot spots
- Save on cooling by confidently raising data center temperatures
- Stay alerted 24/7 of service-impacting conditions
- Obtain the right insight to drive strategic decisions on cooling design and containment
- Scale new implementations under a single reliable technology platform
- Get a clearer vision into your environment with higher accuracy sensors
- Improve field response-time to alerts with status LEDs
- Designed to meet the standards and needs of data centers, labs, facilities, network/compute closets, or remote locations like colocation, POP, and telecommunication sites
Highly Accurate Environment Monitoring
SmartSensors are designed with the latest, most high-tech metering components to prolong its lifespan, improve reliability, and ensure it runs efficiently.
Dual RJ45 Connectors
Dual RJ45 connectors ease the installation and servicing of sensor packages without rewiring the rack, saving on time and maintenance costs.
Easy to Deploy within Existing IT Infrastructures
SmartSensors are plug-and-play ready with a Xerus enabled power management device including Raritan intelligent Rack PDUs, Compact PDUs, Smart Rack Controllers, Inline Meters, Hybrid Rack Transfer Switches, and Branch Circuit Monitors making it incredibly easy to install and deploy without disrupting operations.
Support for Customizable Configuration with Single Bus/String Technology
Ensure comprehensive measurement and monitoring by cascading different types of SmartSensors in a single bus/string structure with Cat5/6 cables through a Xerus enabled rack power distribution management device.
The DX2-T1 can be placed at the front or rear of the rack to monitor cool air entering and/or hot air being expelled to ensure proper containment.1
The DX2-CC2 detects the open-and-close and on/off status of connected third-party door position, door lock, and vibration detectors/switches.
TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY
The DX2-T3H1 strings together 3 sensor packages, making it easy to mount them at the bottom, middle, and top of the cool air inlet side as per ASHRAE2 guidelines.
The DX2-AF1 meters airflow in plenum space, such as under a raised floor or just above the perforated tiles.
The DX-VBR detects shock and vibration over a wide range of frequencies.
The DX2-PRI detects motion around a cabinet and is often used in conjunction with a Webcam event.
The Water/Leak Floor series (WSF) detects the water's presence. The Water/Leak Rope series (WSC) also detects the presence of water and marks the specific location of a leak.
1. Additional temperature and humidity sensor options are available.
2. The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) recommends measuring the cool air entering IT equipment near the bottom, middle, and top of each IT rack. And at least one sensor at the back of the cabinet in the hot aisle.