Legrand Press release
The combined ordinary and extraordinary meeting of shareholders was held on May 24, 2013, chaired by Legrand Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Gilles Schnepp.
At the General Meeting, Legrand shareholders adopted all the resolutions proposed by the Board of Directors by a large majority.
In particular, Legrand shareholders approved:
- Ratification of the nomination of Mr. Dongsheng Li as an independent Director; and
- Appointment of Ms. Annalisa Loustau Elia as an independent Director.
KKR no longer holding a stake in Legrand’ share capital since March 2012, the Board of Directors took note of the decision made by Mr. Jacques Garaïalde, a Director who had been appointed by KKR, to step down from his position on the Board. The Directors warmly thanked Mr. Jacques Garaïalde for his very effective and helpful contribution to the works of the Board and of its Committees since 2003.
Currently, the Board has a total of twelve members, including:
- Seven independent Directors, i.e., a 58%-ratio which exceeds the 50%-ratio recommended by the Afep-Medef Code of Corporate Governance;
- Four women, i.e., a 33%-ratio which exceeds the 20%-ratio recommended by the Afep- Medef Code of Corporate Governance for 2013. The share of female Directors on the Board of Directors also exceeds this year the ratio required under French law (20% from 2014); and
- Five nationalities: Belgian, Chinese, French, Italian and Spanish.
Presentations to the General Meeting as well as full results of votes on resolutions and the General Meeting webcast will be available on the Company’s website at www.legrand.com, “Finance / Shareholders’ corner / 2013 General Meeting”.